This week, we give you:
1 a : living in a state of nature and not ordinarily tame or domesticated <wild ducks>
b (1) : growing or produced without human aid or care <wildhoney>
(2) : related to or resembling a corresponding cultivated or domesticated organism
2 a : not inhabited or cultivated <wild land>
b : not amenable to human habitation or cultivation
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Your post must include a link back to Trifecta.
- Please submit your post's permalink, not the main page of your blog. For example: http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/2012/03/trifextra-week-eight.html not http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/.
- You may only submit one post per blog per challen
The Wild One
My First-Born was a dream-come-true:
Sweet was her personality, patience her virtue.
But I wasn’t satiated and toyed with Fate,
As I was still in love with my motherly state.
My Second arrived with unstoppable fervor,
And soon earned himself the nickname, Terror.
Off he went, once he started going,
Full speed ahead, he never considered slowing.
At the store I’d turn my back,
And there he'd snuck inside a clothes rack.
Out in public or even at home,
He was never still, he was born to roam.
Why did we ever bother with a high chair
When all he did was go underneath there?
All I did, day in and day out
Was to catch him just before he wiped out.
There was only one thing on his mind:
Go, go, go! as I trailed him from behind.
Exasperated, my days would be,
While he ran, climbed, and hopped with glee.
Only asleep, ever so sweet, was time divine
When I can adore that wild child of mine.
Off to bed I should go, I’d tell myself right then,
For tomorrow best be ready to chase him again.
And a phase it was, as they all are,
He is now five and never goes far.
Time has flown by much too quickly,
Babies no more, my two I love so dearly.
Now, all this chasing is but a memory
Made of sweet thoughts replacing misery.
For now when I see a toddler running wild,
I know I’ve been humbled by my very own child.